08 December 2005

THE JOYS OF TEACHING ENGLISH

There are some days when you think to yourself: what am I doing here? why am I doing this? how shall I stop myself from killing my pupils? Such existential doubts have troubled me more than once this term. It’s not that I don’t like my pupils nor that they are not motivated, if anything, they try too hard to speak English. It’s just that sometimes it’s not English as we know it and frankly I don’t know how much longer I can go on hearing things like ‘it’s threety past three’ or ‘I every day am loving eat Macdonalds’ before I crack and say ‘Okay I give in, yes, that’s absolutely correct!’ My tutor, who has an excellent command of English, says he often feels like he's pissing in the wind! Maybe I shouldn't take it all so seriously! Or maybe I should just dull my senses with a nice big glass of wine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger