07 December 2005

BEING ABROAD MAKES YOU DO STRANGE THINGS

Parisian stores have a habit of changing their displays quite regularly so I’ve begun to believe that if you see something you like (and obviously couldn’t possibly live without) you should really get it there and then because the next time you go, it will have disappeared. (I missed out on a bright blue watering can because of my hesitation which I still feel miffed about). However, this new philosophy of ‘spontaneity’ is making me do the oddest things, for example, I recently bought the most childish ruler in the world, just because (a) I did actually need a ruler and (b) it is completely ridiculous. Then I gave money to a busker on the underground just because he was singing so nicely in English and I felt sorry for him. And, one day, on being accosted by a fireman raising funds on the street, I even bought a calendar - something I would NEVER do in London … maybe there’s something in the water here …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger