11 July 2007

STITCH

Last week-end was the first warm, sunny week-end we’ve had here for ages so we made the most of it and headed down to the coast. Who’d’ve thought that hours of fun and intriguing conversation could be had out of a small blue loop of plastic (fuzzy picture above) and some bits of wood in a garage which do not in any way resemble a boat (yet). I also learned some new terms which the young people have brought into common parlance while I’ve been away and with which I was unfamiliar, such as 'muffin top' (from which, ever so thankfully, I am assured I do not suffer). If you want to learn more about the pieces of wood, and maybe even some more vernacular, then go see this lovely (but surely not as lovely as mine) blog. I can’t guarantee that you’ll discover more about the blue thing though, sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger