10 July 2007

JUICER

After much waiting and anticipation, I recently became the proud owner of a quite scarily efficient juicer. It was great stuffing whole pieces of fruit down the chute and enjoying the ensuing delicious juices. And then I (foolishly) read the free book which had been kindly slipped in with the juicer by the manufacturer. So, for the last seven days, I have been on a liquid diet consisting of various cold green juices (see above). Occasionally, as a 'treat', they were even yellow, or pink. After the first day, I had a headache and was craving a guimauve (bear-shaped, chocolate-coated, marshmallow, sickly French sweet) and something warm. The headache and the guimauve craving soon settled but all week, I admit I have been vaguely longing for a bowl of steaming rice or some warm mashed potatoes. Or just something warm. Still, I have to say that most of the results the book promised have been delivered, but in future I’ll only be making delicious fruit juice and smoothies with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger