27 July 2006

BLOGGING

© drew
The bloggers of this world are numerous and varied (apparently one in four of us is blogging these days) and the extent to which bloggers reveal their private lives online varies too. In fact, my humble offerings probably represent a third of my ‘real’ life. This is not to say that during the other two thirds I am living some kind of wildly decadent exciting life, just that my blog serves its ‘keeping in touch’ purpose since I am such a terrible emailer. In case you hadn’t noticed: I am a very private person :)

But beware, your blog can get you into trouble.

Apparently Paris has its own little community of non-French bloggers. However, as am I not really ‘with it’, the only one I am aware of (apart from me, that is) and whose musings I occasionally read is another ‘anglaise’ who is far more revealing about her daily life than I am (she claims she felt egged on by the commentators)! Anyway, this anglaise has recently hit the headlines for being ‘dooced’ - which in blog language means being summarily dismissed from your job for blogging during work time and/or saying defamatory things about your employers on your blog. They are claiming that she has “brought the firm into disrepute”. Naturally, she is fighting it in the courts.

Thankfully, there is no danger of me being ‘dooced’ since (a) I never blog at work nor (b) do I ever say anything horrible about my employers! In fact, I love my beloved tutor!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

in fact you barely work....;-)

11:35 am  
Blogger yatje said...

cheeky munkee ;)

9:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger