19 June 2006

DORICE

Parisian parks are full of elegant old ladies and one thing I’ve noticed is that whenever I’m sitting quietly on a bench, minding my own business, they often choose to come to sit next to me. Sometimes they just smile, sometimes they just say hello, and sometimes they actually engage me in conversation. Today I met a really charming lady in Place des Vosges and maybe it was because it was a beautifully sunny day and everybody seemed happy or maybe it was because she said to me ‘Vous êtes belle’ (she probably says that to all the girls! But then again, she may have been asking ‘Vous êtes belge?') that made us strike up a conversation. In any case, we spent rather a pleasant afternoon chatting away about the state of world affairs. So to all those old ladies of Paris who are my bench buddies – henceforth known as Dorice – don't lose your esprits jeunes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger