06 October 2006

MORE SWIMMING

© muppets
The other day I had a bit of a shock when beloved tutor took me to a new swimming pool and the SHALLOW END was 1.80m! (this is quite a bit taller than me in case you didn’t know). However, four things saved me: my determined, tenacious nature; the presence of beloved tutor; the handy little ledge all around the side of the pool; and the floaty belts they kindly provide in French swimming pools! Thanks to the above, I am now able to move without the aid of my float and pull myself forward with my arms as well as trying to get those frog's legs of mine moving, although I admit there is a looong way to go here! However, something I did notice was that a lot of people were doing lengths like I do (i.e. using floats). This surely can only mean either that: this is really how people swim; I have started a trend; or that particular afternoon was dedicated to ‘swimmers’ like me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger