29 September 2006

CATCH-UP

So, what can I update you on about my life in Paris? For a start, I’m faring better than this time last year even if I still haven’t got the hang of all this continental cheek-kissing. But I look in the right direction when I cross the road now. I can also turn left on my bike (most of the time). And I even get asked for directions from tourists. During his brief sojourn while dropping me off, Tristan was, as ever, quite at his ease playing at being French, zooming maniacally around the Arc de Triomphe in the car (twice) (correction: three times, sorry darling! ;p ) and intent on collecting as many parking tickets as he possibly could. (But you know, it turns out cheaper to be given a ticket than to pay for a whole day’s parking but it got me wondering whether the French do actually pay their fines or are they their usual rule-flouting selves and just rip them up on sight?) Anyway, beloved tutor has given me a even better timetable this year and I love my petit coin de Paris - really looking forward to going to the local veggie restaurant LOTS of times! Oh, and to Jean Bouin tomorrow for the match against Albi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger