22 September 2006

“QUE LA JOIE EST BELLE”

At the risk of sounding like an old biddie who thinks that policemen are getting younger, I have to ask the question: really, where does the time go? The summer passed by in a blink and I didn’t manage to do half the things nor even see half the people I wanted to. And I didn’t do it on purpose just so you’d visit! But it has to be said mes belles, eurostar is sooo easy!

So here I am back in la belle France and the Parisian adventures begin again! I’m pleased to say that nothing has really changed in my absence and now that I’ve made the new flat my own, I’ve been out and about exploring my new quartier. I am extremely pleased to see heaps of nice restaurants, including a - gasp - vegetarian one just around the corner. I also happened to notice the diptyque shop which will be very useful for a certain somebody’s birthday in November.

I’ve also been re-acquainting myself with old friends like the Tuileries and the Louvre, oh, we have such a lot of lost time to catch up on! However, the absolutely imperative next stop is France Telecom to get myself hooked up to the internet properly as this intermittent thing I have at the moment is testing my usually patient nature to its limit.

Something very cheerful though: for my first game of the season at Jean Bouin, Mirco has been placed at centre. I’d like to think that they knew I was returning this week-end and so did this deliberately just for me but someone will undoubtedly say that I’m being - cough - delusional!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger