30 September 2006

ORGANISED CHAOS

I know I’m back in the land which laughs in the face of any pretence at queue protocol when, on entering the France Telecom store to try to resolve my broadband problem, there were about eight people all randomly milling about, yet simultaneously waiting to be served in turn.

But it struck me that quite a lot of the daily occurrences I tell you about also happen to me in England too and I wondered: do they seem more interesting and mysterious (to me at any rate) because they are happening in French? Somehow, if I told you about the (undoubtedly neat and orderly) queue in an English telephone store, it wouldn’t seem nearly half as exciting!

Anyway, blog serves its purpose since I'm such a rubbish emailer, so you'll just have to put up with these boring daily occurrences, sorry ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger