07 April 2006

WORDS TO DESCRIBE ME

During a recent discussion about the ubiquitous love-hate relationship between the French and the English, talk turned to how generally cold and aloof the English are. I agreed that, as a rule, the English do indeed like to keep their distance, even amongst themselves, not just with foreigners, but then I nearly fell off my chair when I heard: “Oh, but yatje’s not like that, she’s much more Mediterranean in temperament, much more tactile!” Now, despite my naturally sunny personality, I personally think I am quite shy and reserved and don’t usually reach the ‘huggy’ stage until I’ve consumed quite a large amount of alcohol. In fact, words usually used in relation to me are 'fusspot', 'stubborn', 'cheeky minx', 'calm', 'wilful' and 'elusive'. Ah, how great is the gulf between perception and reality!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Yatje, a little hello to tell you i miss you and am feeling more human now the hassle's over. i hope you're having a lovely time in England.
but speaking as a "Mediterranean" girl, i have to tell you that though you are lovely through and through you are definately not Mediterranean! a very warm-hearted and charming Brit, yes indeed, i think you need to be born in the Mediterranean to become one,or at least live there for ages!
biggest kiss honey,
Najni

12:50 pm  
Blogger yatje said...

Well my sultry Mediterranean friend, I couldn't agree with you more so I'll just continue to be my usual warm-hearted Engish rose self! Glad the hassles are over, keep smiling :)

8:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger