27 March 2006

SAP RISING

Some days ago, on a particularly spring-like day, I was meandering around Paris in the weak sunshine, when I decided to indulge a whim to celebrate the new season by buying a small bunch of flowers. I then went on my merry way, stopping via the newsagent (to buy a rugby newspaper), the baker’s (for my ‘baguette au sesame’), the Luxembourg Gardens (to read said newspaper and nibble on said baguette) before catching the bus homewards. At each of these places, someone stopped to talk to me, usually to make the witty remark about how kind I was to have bought them some flowers, ha ha! So, the moral of the story is: if you want random strangers to talk to you in Paris, buy a nice bunch of flowers. Vive la romance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger