03 November 2005

THERE IS MORE TO THE LOUVRE THAN JUST THE MONA LISA

© louvre
My weekly visits to the Louvre are fabulous, I get to skip all the crowds and I’m beginning to feel as if le passage Richelieu is my very own private entrance! I’m now armed with a proper guide (thought I’d better if I’m to explore this maze properly) and today was spent in the French sculpture courts studying ‘Perseus rescuing Andromeda’ and ‘Vertumnus’ who disguised himself as an old lady in an attempt to win Pomona’s hand (it worked, by the way). The sun was shining through the glass ceiling and making the marble twinkle and it was so peaceful you could even hear the air conditioning in the background. Something I would just like to point out to all the saddos who huddle round the Mona Lisa – mysterious though it is – there are actually lots of other lovely things to see at the Louvre …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger