09 October 2005

TOURISTY THINGS

Yesterday, Montmartre was celebrating its wine harvest under a lovely blue sky. My friend invited me to play at being tourists and, after watching a parade with all the different wine producing regions of France represented, we went on a guided tour around the neighbourhood, passing by the vineyard (picture above), the cemetery, the Lapin Agile (drinking den), the Moulin de la Galette (old dancehall, now a restaurant) (mental note: must try), the Bateau Lavoir (famous former artists’ studio where Modigliani (and others, including Picasso) started out. The area still has an arty feel, although this can get lost amongst all the tourists.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid to say that Stade Français lost away to Clermont yesterday. See what happens when I’m not there to cheer them on, good job it’s only a game. I spent the evening soaking up the French language trying to work out what my friends were saying while enjoying some so-so vodka pasta (mental note: le Procope looked better). Then I was taken home via another touristy route. It may be a cliché but Paris by night really does look fantastic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger