30 October 2005

HALF-TERM

Well, an unexpected half-term holiday provided the perfect excuse for a well-deserved (in my eyes) break. And there I was thinking that we would have to work right up until Christmas, especially as the French education system forces some of its poor little mites to attend school even on Saturdays. So I came home to England where I realised that I am actually a bit in limbo land – whichever country I’m in, I feel a bit foreign. And it was a bit weird to be able to understand completely the background noise around me. But I had a wonderful time slouching around making a mess of the place, going down to the beach, picking up games and orange curd to bring back and cathartically hacking back the garden. Unfortunately the arnica was looking a bit slug/snail-damaged, I’m not sure which of those slimey beasts munched it but thank goodness for salt is all I can say. However, I seemed to spend most of the week overdosing on Green & Black’s organic chocolate (mmmm …) so I’m back in the dandelion and red clover de-tox clinic, recovering from my excesses …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger