25 September 2005

ENFIN SUR PARIS!

So here I am finally in Paris and hooked up to the internet and part II of yatje-blog begins. My landlady (typical charming tiny blonde well-coiffed Parisienne just minus poodle) welcomed me and showed me round my lovely new flat which didn’t take that long as there are only three rooms! So now I am busy settling in, I’m missing a few things like the buns, a kettle, a garden and of course, a nice rugby player. On arriving here, I realised almost immediately some disturbing things about myself, like how extremely well-mannered I am, how I form an orderly queue and look the wrong way to cross the road, in short: I am extremely English. However, Tristan soon got the hang of this Frenchness, driving like a lunatic, parking as close as you possibly can to the other cars and shrugging his shoulders in a nonchalant way. It’s very odd to see yourself through the eyes of others and realise that you are actually foreign.

Today, I was brave (or daft) enough to jump on my bike and head out to the flower markets of Paris. I even ventured along the boulevard St Michel and around Notre Dame. But it’s worth it to experience Paris up close! And the herbs I bought are safely back in the mini-garden I’ve created outside my window! My, how I’ve adapted in such a short space of time!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, what a nice bush you have!

8:26 pm  
Blogger yatje said...

oo-er, anon, your comment sounds decidedly iffy although I admit the herbs do have lush growth and are doing very well in their new home!

9:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great !! I'm looking forward to seeing you again ;)

9:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger