14 August 2005

SCRUM IN THE PARK

Today Tristan and I went along to ‘Scrum in the Park’ in Regent’s Park. After lounging around in the sunshine for quite a while on the beanbags kindly provided by O2, we wandered over to watch some of the England squad doing a spot of training. At times it seemed more like play acting to entertain the crowd, especially from Andy Gomarsall and Matt Dawson, but at least the team appeared to be practising their throw-in skills. Joe Worsley was there too and (after Mirco of course) he’s a player I have an enormous amount of admiration for. Unfortunately I have to confess to being a complete groupie afterwards when the players came round - I asked Joe for his photo. Joe admittedly did look slightly suspiciously at me since I wasn’t waving paper or tee-shirt to be signed but he very nicely agreed and he’s even smiling his little lopsided twinkly smile! Come on Joe, win the VI Nations for us this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger