15 August 2005

NOT RUGBY

It’s been pointed out to me that me and my blog seem to be, ahem, how shall I put it, slightly rugby-obsessed. Now, while I’m not apologising for this passion of mine, I’d like to point out that I do lead a normal life and am honestly a rounded character with other non-rugby-related interests. I could, for example, bore you to tears with the functions and problems of the endocrine system or even suggest some useful herbs for your very irritating erysipelas.

So, I had been looking forward to seeing ‘The Island’ but to say you have to suspend your disbelief is an understatement. We seemed to be stroking our chins rather dubiously a lot and my analytical inclinations were not at all satisfied by the film’s exploration of its ethical and moral issues. But Scarlet Johanssen is very gorgeous to look at, although who would believe she’s only 20 years old? What will this woman look like at 40? The best film I’ve seen recently is ‘Sin City’ which I’d been expecting to be the usual violent gory-fest, especially when you see the name Quentin Tarantino as special guest director. Okay, it was a bit brutal but it was so well done and shot in such a wonderful film noir, impressive type of atmosphere that it had me captivated to the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger