19 October 2009

H-CUP II

© erc
This week-end, I felt very excited at the prospect of seeing 'Quins against Toulouse live and even more excited when 'Quins were leading 14-0 at half-time. However, as so often happens, at the beginning of the second half, 'Quins nodded off, took their eye off the ball, conceded two easy tries (and all the other clichés) with the result that Toulouse won the match 19-23, Nick failing to score the match-winning try in the dying moments. On reviewing my photos (all 372 of them) afterwards, I have come up with my own 'sock' theory as to why this may have happened ..
Meanwhile, in the other match that has any meaning for me, I came in just as the second half was beginning to find Stade trailing 21-12 and a game full of physicality, Mirco seemingly suffering whiplash with a yellow-carded shoulder barge from Matt Banahan. It has to be noted, at this point, that Banahan is quite a lot taller than any other player, let alone Mirco. Luckily, Stade pulled their socks up and won 29-27! Now we have to wait patiently until December for Round 3 ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger