15 October 2009

SO, IS IT ART?

Yesterday, a big Antony Gormley art experiment came to an end. For the first couple of days after 6 July, I was quite mesmerised by the Fourth Plinth outside the National Gallery, stopping by to take photos or logging-on whenever I could to see how each 'plinther' would occupy their time during their hour of fame. After a while though, I realised that there is only so much you can take of people talking on their mobile 'phones, reading their books, dressed in furry costumes, eating their lunch or simply sitting doing nothing. In fact, I can see that on my train journey any time, minus the furry costumes mostly. I did happen to see some quite interesting spectacles (including - shock! - a naked man) but I just could not muster enthusiasm for the full 100 days of navel-gazing. Next occupant of the plinth: a statue of a war hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger