21 July 2008

CHEZ MOI

Well, I did eventually return from Paris, but not before cramming in so many activities that I returned fairly exhausted. Activities included taking the open air bus like a true tourist, thereby re-acquainting myself, wind in my hair, with my long-lost city. From my rooftop view, I was really pleased to see the Tour St Jacques unveiled after what's seemed like years in a white veil. Unfortunately, it still can't be climbed yet. More activities involved: FNAC (where I promise I bought only a few books, heaviness of suitcase oblige); food shopping and flâneuring in St Germain, visiting Modigliani's grave on the anniversary of his birthday, more prosaically, but no less fun, taking the métro, shopping in Les Halles, going to the cinema, enjoying the ambience of a favourite restaurant. It was strange and lovely to embrace and be embraced by Paris and old friends. Ah, same thing, I suppose. Still, there's no place like home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger