29 June 2008

TOP14 FINAL

I don't watch French television very often because (a) it's not all that good (except for helping to improve my French) and (b) it reminds me too much of being in Paris. However, yesterday I could not not watch the feisty match for the Brennus between Toulouse and Clermont. My (pretend) money was on Clermont and the first half was all you could hope for, (although I have to admit even little old me could read the steps leading to William Servat's try). However, the second half really saw the balance tip as Toulouse put themselves in sixth gear and Clermont became nervous and disintegrated. Never mind Aurélien Rougerie, even I felt tearful at the end ..

As an aside, French adverts can sometimes be a bit risqué but I saw one (about getting an AIDS test) that I don't expect to see any time soon on British television!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger