06 March 2006

¡HOLA!

This week-end, I met Tristan in Madrid and we went to see Goya’s dog (above). There were some dudas e difficultades since neither of us speaks Spanish but it’s amazing what a mixture of English + French + hand gestures can achieve and by the end of the week-end, my Spanish vocabulary had grown by at least twenty words. Madrid is not Paris (duh, obviously) so I wouldn’t want to live there but it’s got great architecture and nightlife and I’d quite like to go back one day to see ‘la corrida’. However, next stop on the Grand Tour: Rome for the Modigliani exhibition.

p.s. as might be blatantly apparent, I missed the SF-Biarritz match at the Stade de France this week-end but thanks to the wonders of modern technology, I was able to watch it live! Ah, culture, art, good company, cerveza, rugby: what a great week-end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger