20 February 2006

THE HOLIDAYS END

Today was the first day back after the school holidays. Ordinarily, this should sound like something horrid but there’s nothing like a long week-end in England with special people to make you feel revitalised so I returned feeling full of beans. Funnily enough, the weather was (slightly) warmer over there so things seemed more spring-like although it did rain one day (but then it was raining here too yesterday). I also made the most of the visit to satisfy my craving for plain chocolate digestive biscuits and scoffed two packets of them. However, after looking at the scales, I promptly vowed to follow a more sensible and nutritious diet. (In passing, how come most French women are so skinny with all those pain au chocolats around? Actually, I’m sure somebody has written a book about just such a thing.) While I was away, France contracted its first case of bird 'flu and Stade Français lost away to Agen. Never mind, we're heading towards the week-end of the France-Italy game! Oh, it's going to be so difficult to decide which team to support! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger