17 June 2006

YATJE-BLOG IS ONE TODAY!

Exactly one year ago, I sat down to begin yatje-blog with the words:

“Well it’s the end of the main rugby season and my favourite team, Stade Français, suffered a very hard blow the other week-end – they lost the final of the Top 16. Two weeks before this they lost the final of the H-Cup. So I’ve begun this blog to take my mind off these indigestible facts and to stop myself moping about and generally getting on everyone’s nerves.”

Plus ça change! Words like ‘final’, ‘Top 16’ and ‘begun’ might change but the sentiments remain the same.

This year the news is that Italy lost against Fiji 29-18 and England were thoroughly whooped by Australia 43-18. Possession is not 9/10ths of the win, unfortunately.

So yatje-blog and I are one year older, yet not necessarily wiser about this life! But happy anniversary us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger