12 September 2010

HERBS

I am all plant-ed out. Don't get me wrong, being in my garden is one of my favourite places in the whole world, however, recently there seem to have been rather a lot of plant-oriented activities, a selection of which can be seen above. Last week-end, it was Jekka. In case you didn't know, Jekka is an award-winning, book-writing, long-standing organic herb grower, a very interesting lady with an immense amount of energy and she was holding the last of her open days for the year last Sunday. I had great fun listening to her little herb talk, rummaging around her polytunnels and finding lots of great herbs including a chaste berry tree, a gotu kola and a dangerous poke root. This week-end, it was the great Kent Autumn Garden show. Not so much fun (unless you happen to like carved wooden meerkats and bouncy slides) but I still found some lovely plants, including a great Leonotis which hopefully will grow up to be just like this one in the Jardin des Plantes ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger