15 February 2010

VI NATIONS II

Already this year's VI Nations is proving to be so much better than last year's with some fairly intense games this week-end. Although I was initially all for Wales, I couldn't help but feel some sense of undeserved victory for them. Or could that simply be due to an English tendency to love the underdog? As for France, still having a little part of my heart attached there, I am probably going to be more for them than any other team (except England, of course ;p). And have you ever seen a more elegant placing down of a ball for a try than Yannick Jauzion's (example below)? Besides, it was worth it to see their win wipe the cutesy leprechaun grin off BOD's face. But I am enjoying this year's VI Nations especially more for a very important reason: the increased participation of - and therefore increased camera attention on - a certain chouchou. During the anthems, I even noticed a little tear .. The emotion is getting to all of us it seems! ;p

© bbc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger