03 February 2008

VI NATIONS – I

© bbc
My word to describe the opening week-end of the VI Nations is: ‘big fat disappointment’. Okay, that’s three words but it has to be said that the level of the rugby was mostly below par and the only time I felt even vaguely gripped was when David Strettle ran away with the ball early in the (now best-forgotten) England-Wales game. Then, woe, he was injured .. It may be that I’m being too fussy (moi?), but I want to be on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, pulling my hair, shouting and jumping, experiencing that joy-despair rollercoaster of emotions, not knowing which way the game is going to turn. Bref: I want exhilaration. Yes, even from the forwards. I’m hoping next week’s word is ‘thrilling’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger