24 April 2007

MY HOLIDAY

© gielgud
Well, it’s back to school again after a whirlwind holiday in England. However, ‘beloved tutor’ and I managed to pack in an awful lot in just a few days: seeing ‘Equus’ (where we had THE best seats for observing ALL the action); giving blood (thankfully, I wasn’t anaemic this time); seeing Handel’s Giulio Cesare at the Barbican (no, I didn’t fall asleep despite it being over four hours long and I loved the tall, willowy, female Caesar with the powerful voice, as well as the barefooted violinist); shopping (Oxford Street obligatory); gardening (it’s obvious the plants are missing me). I also discovered a lovely new ‘orange flower and rhubarb’ drink (it tastes better than it sounds, honestly), complete with one of those quirky comments we are so good at inventing: “best when chilled (as indeed we all are)”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger