23 December 2006

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CHANNEL

© nationalgallery
So, here I am back on English soil and with a little bit of time to tell you how I have been enjoying myself since returning home before disappearing again briefly for the Christmas period. Thursday was the winter solstice, one of my favourite days of the year since it seems to be a day especially meant for contemplation and it also means that the days will henceforth be longer. I spent the day enjoying the delights of London and in particular the very interesting Velázquez exhibition (see above). And yet, somehow, I still prefer Paris and the Louvre ..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Louvre is irreplaceable, unique, but the delights of London are just... delightful.

12:51 pm  
Blogger yatje said...

I have to agree with you on both counts, anon.

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger